People Skills for First Time Managers and Supervisors
Promotion to manager is exciting, but it requires a shift in achievement that can be daunting for many first-time managers. Now, instead of focusing on their personal achievement, managers must coach others to succeed. Instead of pushing themselves to accomplish tasks and achieve goals, they must motivate others to achieve. The very skills that often earn managers the promotion cannot help them succeed in that new position. To achieve success, managers and supervisors need a firm grasp of human relation skills.
This intensive seminar from Dale Carnegie Training® provides everything you need to know to achieve outstanding results through others. Of course, you cover the basics like planning, organizing and control, but the real focus is on building your interpersonal effectiveness.
Spend a day with us and learn how to gain employee commitment, lead confidently and motivate employees to peak performance. Get the skills you need to avoid the 6 most common mistakes first-time managers make. Gain important insights into the legal does and don’ts of hiring, performance management and termination. Discover how to build good relationships up and down the organization.
|There are no upcoming events.
Who Should Attend
Employees looking to move to the next level in their careers. Employees who have recently taken on more responsibility or would like to take on more responsibilities within their organization.
1. Moving from Worker to Manager
2. Building Positive Relationships
3. Hiring the Right People and Managing Performance
4. Making Positive Change Happen
1. Apply the people skills necessary to move from worker to manager
2. Get in sync with management and our employees
3. Use techniques that cultivate positive work relationships
4. Hire the right people and effectively manage performance
5. Run successful conflict resolution meetings
All Dale Carnegie Training offerings are ACCET accredited.